From Tantrik :
- Identification of an action ( Mental , emotional , Physical ) bounds you to the Karma.
Eckhart Tolle [ http://www.eckharttolle.com/newsletter/august-2011 ] :
- Karma has an enormous momentum. The thought patterns, the emotional patterns, the reactive patterns.
- Every time you identify with a thought that arises, which is form, you are born into that thought. Your identity, your sense of self is in it. That’s karma. Your karma is the unconscious identification with these patterns that you have inherited – the conditioned. It is complete identification of consciousness with the conditioned patterns.
- Karma is the complete absence of conscious Presence. It is automatic.
- In the light of awareness, the patterns no longer dominate your life.
- As Presence arises, you are freed from karma.
- There is ultimately really only one teacher, the awakened Consciousness is the teacher.
- Whatever emotion I cause another to experience must ultimately become my own experience.
- Whoever or whatever is compelling me or repelling me and whatever I am experiencing – is the consequence of my own prior thoughts, decisions and actions. Understanding the Law of Karma gives deep significance to concepts such as responsibility and justice.
- The Law of Karma begins to work to my advantage when I stop habitual actions that are harmful, take responsibility to positively address the consequences of any such actions performed in the past, and pay attention to performing positive actions from this moment forward.
Busshism [ http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/karma1.htm ]
- Karma means action, means "to do".It is dynamic.
- Newton who formulated the law which states that every action must have an equal and opposite reaction. In the moral sphere of conscious actions, we have a counterpart to the physical law of action and reaction, the law that every intentional, will action must have its effect.
Karma and Forgetfulness [ http://www.sacred-texts.com/nth/shinn/gol/gol05.htm ]
- Desire is a tremendous force, and must be directed in the right channels, or chaos ensues.
Dr Carmen Herra [ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-carmen-harra/law-of-karma_b_3831818.html ]
- Acknowledging your karmic source is the first step towards breaking free of unwanted life patterns.
- The single greatest way to resolve past karma is to forgive those who have hurt you and seek a final note of closure. To forgive is to detach, but you must remember to forgive yourself as well.
- Distinction of events by good and bad in a way shows the lack of understanding of the law Karma.
- Trying to see the possible meaning of the bad side of so-called good event and good side of so-called bad events ; might give us the glimpse of the overall picture of the event.
- Karma like any other formless object can’t be seen or felt. However Karma manifest in us by our habits. Set of patterns will reflect it. Like everyone has their Karma , one will have his/her own patterns of manifestation.
- When a painful events passes by , one can say that this ‘might’ be the past deeds which is manifesting. By being aware of the event and oneself one can Stop it. And not let it continue further. Absorbing pain , taking responsibility , Watchfulness.
- The tamsik behaviour of our habit and pattern can be viewed as a Karmic pattern we carry with ourselves.
- Attention can’t suffer. Only I suffers.
Raviji : Preparation of death. To die Daily. To die to our Habits.
Law of Karma and Forgiveness in order to wash away your sins.
- As we sow so shall we reap.
- Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.
- An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
- “Evil will return on your own head” Samuel 25.39.
- “If someone slaps you on the right cheek, offer the other cheek also.”
- “If you are sued in court and your shirt is taken from you, give your coat, too.”
P. D. Ouspensky [ http://www.lawofattraction-fourthway.com/fourth-way.html ]
- Usually we consider time to be a straight line. But actually, there are no straight lines in nature. The horizon looks like a straight line, but on a higher scale it turns out to be a circle. These recurring events don’t look the same from the outside, because the places and people are always changing, but the Inner Meaning of these events can be just the same. And usually they are, because our psycho/emotional make up doesn’t change much over time.
- Evolution is derived from Karmic Revolution.
- Everything happens. ( Fair enough , no one have enough will to DO. So let the nature manifest and let my Karmic pattern rule me. )
Dr. Charles T. Tart [ http://blog.paradigm-sys.com/dealing-with-emotions-levels-of-practice-in-buddhism-and-gurdjieff-work/ ]
- Usual emotions which comes up , we react to it and as a chain process it goes on and on. This leads to create new Karma all the time. We live here.
- Second level is that when we divert our attention , when we see emotions arising. Not to suppress them , but to direct our attention to do something else. Drinking water , some activity involving with intellectual , solving sudoku etc. Intelligent people somehow figure it out to channelize this material.
- Third level is where we separate the emotion with the object. We encounter the emotion alone. Say if i see myself getting angry with Rakesh. I focus my attention on the Anger , rather than Rakesh. I BE with the anger either by watching the thought pattern or sensing the body and see the rise in temperature.
- The fourth level is when we separate the emotion and the object. Then once this is done we ask ourselves ; who is experiencing the emotion.
Benjamin Creme [ http://www.esoteric-philosophy.net/reincarn.html ]
- Every thought, every action that we have and make sets into motion a cause. These causes have their effects. These effects make our lives, for good or ill. We are now, have been, and will go on, making our lives from moment to moment.
- As we serve, we demonstrate love. As we demonstrate love, by law, we get love. That strengthens and potentizes the individual in a way in which he can deal with his own karma.